The Brunei Info-Communication Technology Awards (BICTA) is an annual event co-organised by the Ministry of Transport and Infocommunications, the Authority for Info-Communications Technology Industry of Brunei Darussalam (AITI) and InfoCom Federation Brunei (IFB) to stimulate innovation and creativity in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) industry amongst individual, students and associations including SMEs. It was first introduced in 2004.
It aims to be the benchmark for local ICT companies and educational institutions to compete amongst each other and to represent Brunei Darussalam in the Asia Pacific ICT Alliance (APICTA).
BICTA is a component of APICTA whose vision is to widen the influence of the ICT communities in the Asia region. The winners of BICTA will represent Brunei Darussalam in APICTA. Other participating member economies of the APICTA events are Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, China, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam and Nepal.
The objectives of BICTA are:
1. To stimulate innovation and creativity in ICT
2. To provide benchmarks for the development of the local ICT products and solutions
3. To nominate local participants in the APICTA awards
4. To create business ties and strategic partnership
5. To give motivation and generate interest in ICT
1. As a platform for local ICT entrepreneurs to strive on improving the quality of product through competitiveness with other countries in the ICT industry across the region
2. To gain valued exposure to potential investors at national, regional and international level through various promotional events
3. To gain broader and better media exposure to the market for candidates and winners
4. To expand the number of ICT-literate workforce in the expansion of the ICT industry
5. A chance for the winners of BICTA to represent Brunei Darussalam in the APICTA